What are cookies?
Cookies are files that can be downloaded to your computer through web pages. They are tools that play an essential role in the provision of numerous information society services. Among others, they allow a web page store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or their equipment and, depending on the information obtained, can be used to recognize the user and improve the service offered.
Depending on the entity that manages the domain from which cookies are sent and processes the data obtained, it can be distinguish two types:
- Own cookies: those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a managed computer or domain by the publisher itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the publisher, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through cookies.
In the event that cookies are installed from a computer or domain managed by the publisher itself but the information that is collected through these is managed by a third party, they cannot be considered as own cookies.
There is also a second classification according to the period of time that they remain stored in the client’s browser, may be:
- Session cookies: designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page. I know they usually use to store information that is only interested in keeping for the provision of the service requested by the user on a single occasion (eg a list of products purchased).
- Persistent cookies: the data is still stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed during a period defined by the person responsible for the cookie, and which can range from a few minutes to several years.
Finally, there is another classification with five types of cookies according to the purpose for which the data obtained is processed:
- Technical cookies: those that allow the user to navigate through a web page,
platform or application and the use of the different options or services that exist in it, such as example, control traffic and data communication, identify the session, access access parts restricted, remember the elements that make up an order, carry out the purchase process of an order, carry out the application for registration or participation in an event, use security elements while browsing, store content for the dissemination of videos or sound or share content through social networks.
- Personalization cookies: allow the user to access the service with some character characteristics generally predefined based on a series of criteria in the user’s terminal, such as the language, the type of browser through which you access the service, the regional configuration from which you access the
- Analysis cookies: allow the person responsible for them to monitor and analyze the behavior of users. users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookie is used to measure website, application or platform activity and for profiling of navigation of the users of said sites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce improvements in
function of the analysis of the usage data made by the users of the service.
- Advertising cookies: allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of advertising spaces.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: store information on the behavior of users obtained through through the continuous observation of your browsing habits, which allows you to develop a specific profile to display advertising based on it.
Deactivation and elimination of cookies
You have the option to allow, block or eliminate the cookies installed on your computer by configuring the options of the browser installed on your computer. By disabling cookies, some of the available services may no longer be operational. The
The way to disable cookies is different for each browser, but can usually be done from the Tools menu or Options. You can also consult the browser’s Help menu where you can find instructions. The user may at any time choose which cookies you want to work on this website.
You can allow, block or eliminate the cookies installed on your computer by configuring the options of the browser installed on your computer:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer o Microsoft Edge:
- Mozilla Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/impedir-que-los-sitios-web-guarden-sus-preferencia
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=es
- Safari: http://safari.helpmax.net/es/privacidad-y-seguridad/como-gestionar-las-cookies/
- Opera: http://help.opera.com/Linux/10.60/es-ES/cookies.html
In addition, you can also manage the storage of cookies in your browser through tools such as the following:
Cookies used on www.rogerbayerri.com
The cookies that are being used on this portal are identified below, as well as their type and function:
|YSC||.youtube.com||5 mmonths 27 days||Advertizement|
|DEVICE_INFO||.youtube.com||5 months 27days||Others|
|VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE||.youtube.com||5 months 27 days||Advertizements|
|CONSENT||.youtube.com||Tracking data||2 years||Analytics|
Given this information, it is possible to carry out the following actions:
- Accept cookies. This notice will not be displayed again when accessing any page of the portal during the present session.
- To close. The notice is hidden on this page.
- Modify your settings.